Wednesday, July 16, 2003

Musings

As I sat typing in the last entry, I began thinking to myself. I said, "Self, what the hell are you doing telling them about your heartburn? They don't want to know about that."
My self countered with, "Sure they do. What's the difference anyway?"
"Well, for one, it's lame. Not to mention boring."
"Not if you tell it right." my self told me.
I sat and revised how I presented my tale and was generally satisfied with the outcome. "Doesn't suck," I thought.

I turned to my self again and asked, "Why did I write about heartburn?"
My self told me, "It's about writing. Just put anything down. Besides, that wasn't too bad."
I agreed, turned off the computer and went to bed.

It wasn't until this afternoon... no, wait, it was late yesterday. I had intended to post this this morning but had several things to take care of once I got into the office. Just never got to it. I needed to grab something off my laptop, the phone started ringing, I had calls to return... oh, wait... I was in the middle of something, wasn't I? Sorry.

As I was saying, it wasn't until late yesterday that I realised that it wasn't about writing, it was about telling a story. That's why I'd been satisfied with the last entry (and my revisions of it). I hadn't just said, "I've got really bad heartburn because I didn't take my medicine."

That reminds me - I haven't taken it yet tonight... be right back.

Sorry about the wait. I'll continue...

I hadn't just said, "I've got really bad heartburn because I didn't take my medicine." I told you about it. I put together a, what I hope was at least worthwhile, story around my heartburn. That's why I went ahead and posted it.

I hope you'll continue with me on my journey.

I'm working on putting together a message board. Once it's up and running I'll post a link here and I'll be able to get some feedback.

Thank you for your support.

No comments: