Sunday, November 30, 2003

On the subject of giving thanks

This past week was Thanksgiving. [The previous announcement was brought to you by the SSO (Society for Stating the Obvious)] As I was returning from Kansas City this evening, I began to really think about all the things I have to be thankful for.

  • My mom and dad celebrated their 40th wedding anniversary this past June. They really take the 'til death do us part thing seriously.
  • Shelly and I celebrated our 13th anniversary this past May. We've had our share of speed bumps but we're doing well.
  • With all of the changes and other shenanigans going on at work, I still really like my job.
  • I have a boss who trusts me and whom I trust.
  • I am not my job.
  • I have learned many lessons about life from many people.
  • I am rich because I have friends - true friends.
  • I get to wake up every morning and see the beauty of nature out my back window.
  • My brother, sister and I get along with each other and we talk now and then.
  • I have a warm bed to sleep in and a roof over my head.


There are many more items I could add to that list and some that are beyond words.

Thanks.

No comments: