Thursday, February 05, 2004

Did that really come out of me?

So there I was, lying naked in the street, having just been hit by a bus...
Hey, every story has to have a really good beginning, doesn't it?

Anyway... So there I was, talking with a co-worker about the current state of affairs at the office. With the way OSU has been taken over by Texas Tech and the sweeping changes that we're being forced to endure... people talk.

I've talked enough in past posts about what changes are being made... and wondering where the money is coming from?... that regular readers should know by now the circus of the absurd I am putting up with. The scuttlebut, based on the past actions of our Red Raiders, is that they will pack up and leave within a year - after they've put us through the hell of layoffs, attrition, and multiple, simultaneous, major migrations - leaving us to pick up the pieces and rebuild the relationships and hard-won trust we so diligently built over the past five years that they have so quickly eradicated in the past nine months.

[but I'm not bitter!]

During this discussion, I turned to my co-worker and said - not knowing how I was going to finish - "If you're going to come in and stir things up..." Then... it hit me... "...you should at least stick around to serve the soup."

Remember... you heard it here first.
"If you're going to come in and stir things up, you should at least stick around to serve the soup."