Monday, April 26, 2004

It's just as unintelligible as the last one

I finally rented the DVD and watched Matrix: Revolutions over the weekend. After seeing Matrix: Reloaded, I wasn't about to waste my money at the theater... and it's a good thing I didn't.

I don't get it. Maybe I missed something but I don't get it.

Here are the problems I have:

1) Neo is able to "touch the source" and destroy sentinels en-masse outside the Matrix - yeah, right.
2) So, what happened to The Matrix? Did Neo do anything other than destroy agent Smith?

And, by the way, the Agent Smith Showdowns were tired when they were done in Reloaded. The one-on-one (with an Agent Smith peanut gallery) didn't do anything for me.

The sentinel battle and hovership chase scene were cool, though. I would have much rather seen the "early EMP" battle they eluded to in Reloaded. I think it would have created more tension/urgency and more "reality" for both Reloaded and Revolutions.

Lookee there, it's 5... gotta go. More on this later.

No comments: