Sunday, April 18, 2004

"Wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face. I ain't nothin' but tired..." - Springsteen

Have you ever wanted to just run away from your life? I don't mean take a vacation or just get away for a few days or weeks... I mean really run away. Just pack up your stuff and go. Leave it all behind and start over. Do something completely different. Be in a different place.

Why? Many reasons, really. Maybe you hate what you do. Maybe you hate what you've become. Maybe you just want a trade-in, like with a car.

Life has started spinning so fast that it's just a blur. If I weren't afraid of... of... starving, honestly... I would pack my stuff, drive to California and become a voice actor. That's my dream job. I want to be the voice of the next Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, or even the next Protoss Zealot.

But... I stay here, doing what I do, being who I am. I hear the competition is feirce for that line of work and I'm just not in a position to present myself.

If the opportunity ever comes along, though, look for my name in the credits.

No comments: