Friday, May 07, 2004

Drive-by blogging

I was thinking about my blog the other day and began to wonder. What happened to all of those lengthy, insightful or just plain humorous entries I used to make? I thought about Saturday Morning Cartoons, Stuff that is no more, a rant about French dressing, and what Christmas used to mean to me.

Lately, I haven't had much time for blogging. Although I run life experiences through my head as "how would I blog this?" most of them don't make it. I feel like I'm posting for the sake of posting lately. I answer a few esoteric questions, I take a meaningless personality survey, or I just write about how the day went. I mean, who really cares? You have a life of your own and, while my life may be interesting on some basic level, my blog is nothing more than a temporary distraction.

I really wanted this to become a serious creative outlet. I am sorry that my problems have gotten in the way of that.

In the coming days, weeks, months, etc. I hope to have something of more substance for you.

Keep watching this space,
Uncle Bubby

No comments: