Sunday, June 27, 2004

Fond Memories Upon my Awakening

JD*, our dog, has taken to sleeping in the bathroom. I'm not entirely sure why but it's one of his favorite places lately. I think he feels safe in there for some reason.

The bathroom door is about three feet off my side of the bed. In recent weeks I've gotten used to hearing JD roust himself and start moving about as I hit the snooze button at least twice each morning. Then, when I finally clear the alarm and swing my feet over the side of the bed, he'll come trotting out, round the corner and head for the living room. Tradition states that I follow and let him out the back door.

This morning I woke up and JD was lying on the floor near my side of the bed. As I swung my feet from under the covers they dangled just above him. I leaned forward slightly and began swinging my right foot, running it up and down his left side. I was instantly reminded of Baron who, from the day we welcomed him into our lives, often slept next to my side of the bed.

It all brings a smile to my face. What a great way to wake up.


-----------------------------------------------
*JD is short for Jack Daniel

No comments: