Friday, July 09, 2004

To better days

I cannot explain to you how I feel right now. Not because the emotion is so strong that it cannot be expressed in words. I literally cannot explain how I feel - not even to myself.

Regular readers will recall that the Information Technology division at Oklahoma State University has been under some scrutiny lately and has been enduring its share of scandal.

At 4:30pm this afternoon, the University community was informed that Gary Wiggins, VP of Information Technology for OSU, resigned effective July 31.

Some rejoiced. Some were relieved. Some, like myself, remained silent.

I can't say that I'm sorry to see him leave but I am sorry that it came to this. I don't think any of us imagined a year ago that we would be in the situation we are currently in. Each of us must now do his or her part to put this behind us, start rebuilding, and move forward.

No comments: