Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Beer me!

So, I'm sitting here enjoying a bottle of Michelob Ultra letting my computer edit some video using some very easy-to-use tools that some wonderful person wrote. The Disney Channel is on at the moment - Phil of the Future just went off - simply because... well... the remote is in the other room.

It's been a busy week already. We've hit a couple of speed bumps but I think we'll come out ahead.

I first learned to really drink beer when I was in college. I'd tried it before that and had even drank an entire bottle once or twice when dad would let me. But, I didn't really acquire a taste for it until I was in college - and that only because it was cheaper than "the hard stuff" and would, in fact, get me drunk. After a couple of overindulgent incidents, I lost my taste for beer until, really, just a few months ago.

Yeah, yeah, I got suckered in by those "You're a winp if you don't like Guinness" people and reacquired my taste for beer with something dark and stout. Cool.

You know, Hillary Duff is really distracting. Not in that dirty-old-man perverted kinda way, in that she-was-a-really-annoying-teenager-to-a-guy-like-me-when-she-was-on-Lizzy-McGuire kinda way... so, I just turned off the TV.

Have I lost you yet?

Hello? Is this thing on?

[cricket noises]

Oh, well, I'm going to go on about Beer.

I started drinking again for two reasons. 1) Increased stress 2) I was off my medication and I could. Luckily, I've learned to temper my drinking and don't go out every night and get rip-roaring drunk just to blow off steam. Truth is, though, a nice, cold beer tastes really good at the end of a long, hard week. It's kind-of like a reward. You work hard, and in return you get to drink a cold, frosty beverage that helps mellow you out a little.

No, no. It's not the beer talking. I've had one... lemme check... 12 fluid ounce beer. I weigh in at 260 these days (down from 267, thankyouverymuch) - there's no way one beer has hit me that hard that fast. Truth be told - well, really, I already told you - it's been a busy week already. I'm tired!! And a little punchy.

Tomorrow, I hit the gym for round 2 this week. Kevin and I went yesterday - that was round 1. I intended to go today but circumstances kept me at work a little later than I expected and my blood sugar level told me to go eat instead of exercising. Round 3 might be Friday or it might be Saturday or it might not come at all. Heh, at least it keeps me out of the bars.

No comments: