Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Decisions... Decisions

No, this is not the big announcement. Certain people have to find out first before I let the world know.

About a couple of years or so ago, my friend/mentor/supervisor Ron comes into my office saying, "Look what I got!" and brandishing a brand new X-Men DVD. "And it didn't const me a thing." He had gotten it as a reward for being a member of Harris Interactive. Basically, he answered surveys about various subjects. For each survey, he earned points (usually 30 points for a basic survey and 100 points for an extended survey). As he accumulated points, he could redeem them for prizes. Some of the prizes look a little cheap and cheezy to me but some of them are kind-of nice.

I decided to sign up. I wanted an X-Men DVD, too.

In those couple of years, I have taken about one survey a month and have finally gotten to a point where there are things I can get that I actually want. But that means the points are "burning a hole in my pocket."

Here are my choices...

1. A set of "Digital Reference Stereo Headphones" with a retail value of ~$15-20. These would leave me with about 500 points.
2. A lava lamp. I've wanted one for a while but haven't been able to find them for sale many places and could never justify paying real money for one. This would leave me with about 15 points.
3. The X-Men 2/X-Men 1.5 boxed set DVD. The prize I had in mind. To earn this, I will need another 1,000 points - a minimum of 10 more surveys.

The headphones might be useful in the office or even at home (my best set of headphones are losing their earpads). The lava lamp would be cool. The DVD would be a trophy (plus, I like the movies).

What's your vote?

No comments: