Sunday, August 28, 2005

Flights of Fancy

I left the wife at the airport in Oklahoma City a little over an hour ago. At the time she was supposed to be departing OKC for a job interview in Austin (they are picking up the tab, by the way), the word was the plane she was supposed to be on had not even left its point of origination yet. Yeah, I know. I just got a new job and she's interviewing in Austin. What are we going to do if she's offered a job? We decided last weekend that we would cross bridges as we came to them. I can tell you this, though: The starting salary for this job in Austin (at the University of Texas) pays more than what I'm making in the new job. But, we haven't even come to the bridge where they offer a job yet so we're not at any crossings yet. I wish her luck and a safe journey. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: