Wednesday, October 18, 2006

GACK!!!

I told Word that I wanted the link in the last post to open in a new window.  This should have made the link look like <a href=”….” Target=”_blank”>.  For some reason, the link does not open in a new window.  As such, I opened edit mode and checked the code. Yet again, in the Microsoft tradition, the code behind the previous post is absolutely ATTROCIOUS!!!

Here it is (let’s see if it comes through as code or it is translated)

<span style="font-family:Arial;">Blogger Plugin for MS Word</span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;"></span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;">I have worked with a couple of different blog management tools that were compatible with Blogger.  The attraction of these programs is to allow me to compose offline, save posts and publish without having to navigate the web site.</span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;"></span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;">Now, I can use MS Word to edit and publish.  Blogger has created a plugin that creates a new MS Word toolbar.  I’ve entered my information in the settings button and I’m about to publish this post.  Unfortunately, I don’t see where there is a way to choose </span><em><span style="font-family:Arial;">which </span></em><span style="font-family:Arial;">blog it posts to.</span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;"></span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;">… Ah, it asks which blog to add the post to when you click publish.</span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;"></span><br/><span style="font-family:Arial;">You can get it </span><a href="http://buzz.blogger.com/bloggerforword.html">here</a><span style="font-family:Arial;">.</span>

No comments: