Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Little Taste Of Home

We were heading out yesterday morning to grab some breakfast, then take in a full day of garage sales. As we approached a stoplight near the house, I glanced at the back of an SUV in front of us and recognized the logo in the back window:


In all sorts of excitement, I honked the horn then desperately tried to remember what our hand signal was. My mind raced past the "hook 'em horns" and "gig 'em aggies" but I couldn't remember what ours was.

As the light changed, I let the SUV get in front of me enough so the driver could see my front plate, which has the same symbol on it. I suddenly remembered what our hand signal was as the driver threw his arm out the window in the finger pistol of "Go Pokes!" I returned the salute with a HUGE smile on my face. It was only then that I noticed he also had Oklahoma plates on his vehicle.

It made my day. I sincerely hope I run into him again some time soon.

No comments: