Wednesday, September 05, 2007

End Of Round One

I just finished a phone interview. It was blocked out for an hour but lasted less than fifteen minutes. It was part conversational and didn't include many of the typical questions you would expect from an interview. Actually, it included surprisingly few questions period. We talked briefly about my work history and the type of work I did at each but nothing in great detail. Since the interview was very open-ended, I did manage to insert most of the points I wanted to be sure to make. From the description he gave of the position and how it fits into the organization, it certainly sounds like something I could handle.

They have about six candidates right now that are going through phone interviews over the next couple of days. From here, they will probably whittle it down to two or three for face-to-face interviews. I should know something by next week.

Overall, I am sure I didn't tank the interview but it was hard to read. I guess I will find out soon enough if I made the cut.

No comments: