Sunday, December 09, 2007

How's The Weather Where You Are?

It's kinda like this (wav) in Oklahoma right now. We've been experiencing a high-level thunderstorm that is releasing its precipitation through a layer of very cold air, thus producing freezing rain and sleet - combined with lightning and thunder. (yes, almost everyone in Oklahoma has knowledge of meteorology - you almost have to with as bizarre as the weather gets around here)

Anyway, I'm nice and warm and dry and the lights are still on - for now. The facility at work closed ~5pm today (except for enterprise support, the main heading my group falls under) and is not scheduled to open until 9am tomorrow. I will call tomorrow morning and find out if I'm expected to be at work. Even if I am, I will have to really consider whether I want to drive the 66 miles to work. It may be hazardous between here and there and there is supposed to be another wave coming tomorrow afternoon. I have a close refuge I can visit for the night (my MIL lives within 20 miles of the facility) but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

No comments: