Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Double Shot of Me(me)

I am up this morning a bit earlier than I wanted to be thanks to a persistent tortoiseshell cat and a short-legged dog. Oh, yeah, the ancient critter (the other cat) came along, too. I know I haven't been around much lately. It's not that I don't want to talk to you or that I don't have anything to say. It's just, well, you know the story - day to day, by the time I get to where I can blog, I just don't have the energy or inclination.

I have much to talk about, actually, but a lot of it I cannot share here and some of it I cannot share yet. Suffice it to say that life is taking a more positive turn lately and as universal satisfaction (that is, satisfation with the universe and the direction the ebb and flow of it is taking me) increases, however slightly, stress follows an inverse, although not necessarily proportional, trend. [Good Lord, I sound like Kevin now!]

What I can share is that I have been ill but functional for the past 3-4 weeks. I have been experiencing some abdominal pain. It has ranged anywhere from simple pressure to cramping or sharp pain. Thankfully, it has never had me doubled over. I have been poked, prodded, scanned and medicated. The closest diagnosis anyone could come up with was diverticulitis but the CT scan was not conclusive on that point (it did, however, rule out apendicitis and probably a few other diagnoses). The good news is that I appear to be on the down side of that and on to recovery. I'm still a little tentative and I'm still avoiding nuts and things with seeds (i.e. tomatoes - I miss them), but day by day, I am moving closer to normal function (I will spare you any details - just trust me and say 'thank you').

Since I haven't been around much, and I didn't think I was going to have quite this much content this morning, I am going to share a couple of memes I got off my sister's blog.

In a Word Meme

Answer
In.
One.
Word.
Only.
(It's Harder than you think)

Where is your cellphone? pouch
Describe your significant other? significant
Your hair? leaving
Your mother? compass
Your father? center
What is your favorite gadget? computer
What did you dream last night? Shredding (tires)
What do you prefer to drink? Tea
Dream car? Mustang (1967)
What room are you currently in? Office
Your ex (if you have one)? Firey
Your biggest fear? drowning
What do you want to be in 10 years? boss
Who did you spend last night with? wife
What are you not? confident
The last thing you did? fed
What are you wearing? shorts
Favorite book? Heinlein
The last thing you ate? Pizza
Your life? Improving
Your mood? optimistic
Your best friends? absent
What are you thinking about right now? time
Your car? sporty
What are you doing right now? blogging
Your summer? wearisome
Marital status? fulfilled
What is on your TV right now? Off
When did you last laugh? yesterday
When did you last cry? Yesterday (I can’t help it – Stargate: Atlantis was sad)
School? returning

Tag yourself but leave a comment so I can see.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Found in My Inbox On My sister’s Blog

It's another meme.

1. Are your parents cousins? Um, No, my family tree does indeed "fork"
2. Have you ever done hard time? No
3. What's the weirdest job you have ever had? Maintenance @ an industrial park – total deviation for me
4. Do you snort when you laugh? No.
5. Look like anyone famous? Homer Simpson – in shape, not facial features
6. Do you collect anything? Keychains, Star Wars, Star Trek, and, inexplicably, coats, MP3 players (I’m up to 3), and laptop bags and backpacks.
7. Have you ever worn or owned leather clothing? Jacket
8. Can your momma still whip your butt? OH yes and with just words.
9. How many siblings do you have? 1 of each, both older
10. Most pets you've had at one time? 3 cats, 2 dogs and a love bird
11. Thing that freaks people out most about you? My temper – It is extremely rare that I lose control of it but if I do, I terrify the people around me.
12. Guilty pleasures? Bubblegum pop (music)
13. Formal wedding or elope? Formal
14. Favorite Oklahoma musician? Vince Gill
15. Most annoying celebrity at the moment? Britney
16. Have more than 1 driver's license? No (isn’t that illegal?)
17. Ever scream at the top of your lungs? Yes!
18. Sing to your pets? yep.
19. Secret ambitions? To be the best at something.
20. Do you like the song, "Happy Birthday?" Not particularly
21. Ever barfed in public? Probalby
22. PDA? It’s a Palm m500 – I just upgraded from an m105.
23. Do you return your grocery cart to the store? yep
24. Are you a good tipper? 10 – 20 % depends on the service.
25. Would you strip publicly for any dollar amount? Probably not.
26. Are your pets neutered? yes
27. Are you? nope
28. Do you watch or have you been on "Cops?" watch only.
29. Do you talk to anyone daily? My wife
30. Hero's? Yes, many but for different reasons
31. Lie about your age? No because I can never remember how old I am.
32. Fallen down in public? probably.
33. Ever dislike a total stranger because they LOOK like someone you
genuinely dislike?
Can’t say that I have
34. Ever done something so petty to someone else that you'd NEVER
come clean?
Not now but I may have in my youth…I really don’t remember.
35. Anything TOO embarrassing to talk about? Would I tell you if there was?
36. Would you run for public office? No
37. How many times a day do you use the "f" word? Not daily but at least once a week.
38. If a man pees sitting down, is he less of a man? Not if the toilet seat won’t stay up
39. If you were to come back as an animal, what would it be? A raptor (i.e. an eagle, hawk, etc.)
40. Most unfavorite food? Most organ meats
41. Money being no object, what extravagant thing would you buy? A big, honkin’ fast computer
42. Family member you wish you weren't related to? Na. They are all crazy, but they are mine.
43. Profession you'd be great at but didn't realize it until it was way too late? Voice actor
44. Do you think that everyone is beautiful? Yes, in their own way.
45. Are people stupid or ignorant? Stupid is forever, ignorance can be fixed

You know the drill, tag yourself and then leave me a comment so I can come peer into your personality!

No comments: