Monday, January 05, 2009

Okay, So, It Isn't The CPU

I wanted to get my spare machine running and at the very least get the OS installed. I have a hard drive that I rescued from a Tivo and wanted to make sure it is usable. With that in mind, I borrowed the CPU from the office. I popped it in and fired her up.

She POSTed but I didn't have any video. I realized I was plugged into the onboard video port and not the AGP card. When I moved it, the video came on and said "floppy drive failure." Not surprising since I had the floppy drive unplugged. I attempted to press Del and enter the setup to make the necessary changes and the keyboard wasn't working.

One power cycle later and she won't POST again and there's no convincing her otherwise. Maybe there's a problem with the MoBo. Maybe it's a power problem. I just don't know anymore.

No comments: