Monday, March 23, 2009

It's Okay... It Really Is

Being minus one cat is an adjustment. I cleaned out the litter boxes this weekend and only set one back up. There's only one food bowl on the counter. Beyond that, I see movement out of the corner of my eye and expect it to be Niki. When I headed toward the kitchen I took a step toward plucking her from under the blankets purely out of habit. Plus Anabelle is such a different cat. She's much more independent.

Sure, I miss Niki. But I'm okay with it. I actually feel glad for her that she is not hurting anymore. Almost 20 years is a long run. Even if you utilize the flawed 7 to 1 ratio, that makes her damn near 140 comparative years old. That's old in anybody's book.

I cherish the time we had together. I'm glad we chose each other.

No comments: