Monday, June 08, 2009

Remembrances

One of the friends I was with this weekend had a book that her grandfather had written. It looked like something he'd put together then had copied and wirebound down at the local copy shop for distribution to family and friends. It looked very nice but it was obviously not meant for wide distribution. Her grandfather had recently died so she was going through it and rereading the stories.

I mentioned how I would love to do something like that but that my life seemed so mundane that I didn't feel I had any really good stories. That's when she pointed out to me that the stories were just stories - seemingly mundane recollections. They were mostly about two brothers getting into trouble together but what made them interesting was they were from a perspective over 50 years ago. That's when I decided I could do the same.

Stay tuned and I'll start telling you about some of my experiences. Maybe you'll find them interesting, maybe you won't. Maybe my grand nieces and nephews will find them interesting in 30 or 40 years.

No comments: