Monday, November 23, 2009

Mick Jagger Had It Right

I have been having problems with muscle spasms in my neck for several months now. Mostly I can deal with it being a little stiff but sometimes I have to go see the doctor to get some chemical assistance in loosening it up. One of those times was about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I spent an entire Saturday sorting through pictures on my computer.

I went out and bought a new pillow. It helps. Some.

I noticed that, as I sat at my computer, I would hunch over and tilt my head way back so I adjusted my desk chair at home, lowering it a bit and locking the tilt into a comfortable but mostly upright angle. It helps. Some.

I was reviewing my email this morning and noticed myself still hunching over and then it hit me. I was leaning in to see the teeny tiny text on my 19" CRT monitor set at 1600 x 1200 resolution then tilting my head back to view the screen through the correct part of my bifocals.

CRAP!

I lowered the resolution at home and increased the text size at work. I think that's going to help most of all. What a drag it is getting old.

No comments: