Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Rumors Of My Death Are Greatly Exaggerated

My blog has earned its name once again. Only this time, it was my iPhone that ate my homework. I am using DragonDictate to write a blog post. I switched apps to look at some notes that I had taken previously about some additional limitations that the iPhone has that are annoying to me. When I switched back, DragonDictate started all over again, losing my work. 

What I find interesting is that, when writing a blog post, my thoughts seem to flow easier from my brain to my fingers then from my brain to my mouth. 

What I had been saying in my original post was that I have been a little scarce here on my blog and on Facebook, mostly because I'm just tired. 

Work is still problematic. I am looking for another job. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

I'm still loving the iPhone... A lot. I find myself cruising the app store every day looking for free apps that are just cool or might be useful in a bizarre set of circumstances. I now have a relatively large collection of apps, some of which I have never even launched.

There are a few more items I would like to add to my list of updates I would like to see. These include copying draft e-mail messages back into my Outlook account. I find this very annoying because if I am composing a message on my iPhone and am interrupted for some reason the only option that I have it is to continue the message on my iPhone. I can't, without e-mailing it to myself, finish composing a message at my workstation. 

Sticking with the e-mail theme, I would like the ability to copy a contact from the Exchange global address list into my local contacts. I find this very helpful on my workstation and would like to see it on my mobile device.

The last item is simply a matter of convenience. Why is it that there is no snooze function for appointment alarms? Every other device I own that has an alarm has a snooze function. Why not the most powerful small device I own?

I guess that's about it for now. I just wanted to check in to let y'all know I'm still above ground and breathing. 

Until next time. 

No comments: