Sunday, February 19, 2012

Seriously?

The wife an I went to the movies this afternoon. We went to see This Means War. It's a really fun movie. There's some good action and a LOT of laughter. It's a good balance between action flick and chick flick.

But that's not what I'm posting about. I'm posting about one of the previews.

The preview came up and appeared to be a period piece. There were shots of Abraham Lincoln and it seemed like it was going to be about him but something was off. They didn't seem to be playing it as a dramatically interpreted biopic. I couldn't put my finger on it but it just wasn't right.

The final scene of the trailer had someone on top of a moving train swinging a long-handled ax around like he was Darth Maul. Then I realized the someone was Abraham Lincoln. WTH? Fade to black and shimmer and flare in the signature of Abraham Lincoln.

The ENTIRE auditorium burst into laughter as the words "Vampire Hunter" appeared in red text under the signature. I'm not making this up. Check out the entry at IMDB. Watch the trailer while you're there.

No comments: