Friday, December 17, 2004

Baby Elephant Walk

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. The holidays are, as always, busy but there's this matter of an elephant who's moved into my living room.

He appeared quite suddenly and unexpectedly. I recognized him almost immediately because he's been here before. He has a cousin that I've managed to keep away lately but this one snuck in on me.

I so bad want to push him straight out the front door but that just makes his resolve to stay even stronger. Either someone else has to invite him to leave (he's not my elephant, you see) or he has to leave on his own.

We've sought professional assistance but all they can do is confirm that it is an elephant, give us some things to help us deal with the fact that he's in our living room and tell us to call a professional elephant remover... problem is the elephant remover isn't available for about another week and the elephant has been here for almost three weeks already.

I really hate it when he comes to visit. He makes life very difficult for the whole family, he interferes with plans we've made and I'm 100%, totally, absolutely, without question, powerless over him... which is the hardest part of any of it to deal with. I can't ignore him but I can't do anything about him, either.

From experience, I know getting him to leave won't at all be easy. I was hoping he would leave quickly this time since we were able to recognize him so easily but he's having none of that. We'll just have to wait for the professional to work the elephant removal magic and hope it goes smoothly.

My biggest fear is that he'll interfere with our holiday plans, which is looking more and more likely.

I'll keep you posted as much as I can. In the mean time, check out the Friday Favorites. I just posted a new set of questions - weird as they may be.

No comments: