Sunday, July 10, 2005

Reunion Rejuvenation

I went to the dinner/dance for my 20th HS Reunion last night. This was the big event of the weekend. I had such a wonderful time seeing and talking to old friends.

So many of these people have changed so little. Several people said I hadn't changed a bit, which I don't believe - I'm much rounder and have more facial hair - but at least a couple of these people I could have held their yearbook picture up next to them and seen very few differences.

The funniest thing was that I stood talking so easily to young ladies that I would go dumbstruck over while I was in high school. It made me think about missed opportunities even though I'm quite happy with how my life turned out so far. I was quite proud to tell everyone what I'm doing now and how things had gone in my life.

It also amazed me how little some people's personalities had changed. The flamboyant were still flamboyant, the wallflowers were still wallflowers, and the social butterflies still flitted around as much as ever.

Best of all, though, the events, friendship and fellowship of this weekend let the events of this past week wash away and be forgotten for a while.

No comments: