Monday, August 01, 2005

Back Bumper Boo Boo

I was at Wally World after work on Friday picking up a six pack of beer for Sci Fi Friday. I'm ready to leave but I'm parked next to a long pickup truck on the incoming side and can't really see traffic coming up the aisle to know whether or not I'm going to get creamed. I'm watching around the pickup very carefully, moving slowly, when I suddenly realize that I'm not moving anymore. I strain my neck to its limits the other way and realize I've come in contact with the car directly across from me, who is also backing out, very carefully, around a pickup truck on the incoming side.

I pulled back into my space and got out to take a look. The corner of my plastic bumper has been pushed in at the corner. The opposite corner of the other car's plastic bumper has a similar disfigurement. I wrote down my name, phone number, insurance agency and agent and contact number on an index card (thanks, dad, for leaving those in that binder you gave me) and approached her car.

"It looks like all we did was push in the corner of our bumpers. I wrote down my insurance information." I gave her the card, "It looks like it would be pretty easy to just pop back out if you can get the leverage on it. It's entirely up to you if you want to call the police."

"We're in the Wal-Mart parking lot. They're not going to do anything here." I loaned her my pen and gave her one of the index cards to write down her information.

As she was driving away, I thought to myself, "I wish I had my camera with me, I'd take a picture." Then, I thought to myself, "Wait! I have a camera phone." So, now, just in case, I snapped a picture of the damage on both cars before she left.

No comments: