Sunday, August 14, 2005

Grand Adventures

Over the past year or so I've gotten into a habit of not eating breakfast before I go to work. Kevin and I usually take a break around nine-ish, walk over to the Student Union, have breakfast at the food court, and comiserate. I won't be able to do that tomorrow so I just spent the last hour or so cooking sausage and eggs and rolling them up into breakfast burritos or assembling them into breakfast sandwiches.

Today was, physically, the most normal day I've had in two weeks. I woke up feeling pretty awful, actually, but took a mixture of OTC pharmaceuticals and was able to function. It appears that my intestinal distress is gone but I think the tension has settled in my shoulders. I can deal with that better and maybe by tomorrow afternoon it will have just escaped through the top of my pointy little head.

I'm still feeling a mixture of anticipation and anxiety but I'm finally excited about it. Tomorrow I embark on adventure number one. Adventure number two comes next week when I start classes again. It all promises to be a fun, exciting, grand adventure.

No comments: