Friday, August 05, 2005

I'm Getting a Name For Myself

I received an email yesterday:

Dear Mr. Fusco: M.F. of Abydos Gate suggested I drop you a line.
I'm a staff writer for the Las Vegas Business Press and I'm doing a story on the Star Trek convention circuit. Unfortunately, finding good-quality/high-resolution photos of convention events/personalities iseasier said than done. I'm trying to obtain one each of Chase Masterson,William Shatner and/or James Doohan, in return for a photo credit or Website mention in the LV Business Press. Would you be interested?

My reply:

Certainly I'd be interested - and honored. If you'll provide your address, I'll send you a CD or DVD (whatever is required) with all the pictures I have of those three and you can choose whichever ones you want.
p.s. Tell Mr. F. thanks for the reference.

Back at me:

Dear Mr. Fusco: M.F. is actually a "Ms." (and lives in Houston, so you probably both attended some of the same Trek Expos), but she's clearly familiar with--and an admirer of--your work, so I'll be happy to pass along your thanks. It looks as though the article may run as a two-parter, in which case one or more of your photos may make the cut. (I'm sorry I can't be more concrete, but the editors and the designer have the final say in these matters.) In any event, your rescue efforts scarcely go unappreciated. By the way, your Teryl Rothery photos are fantastic. She is my favorite actress and is seemingly incapable of taking a bad picture. She says she loves the camera and the attraction is clearly reciprocated. :-)

Cool!

No comments: