Friday, August 05, 2005

New Stuff

The new boss called me yesterday.

"I was just wondering about your computer. Do you want a desktop or a laptop?"

"If I'm going to be doing any traveling, I'd prefer a laptop but I'd like to have a docking station and monitor at my desk for ease of use."

"Okay, that's all I needed to know. We'll get one ordered for you."

Knowing that they order Dell equipment and remembering the experience my friend Andrew had when he changed jobs (they bought him an 8 pound consumer model instead of a lightweight business model), I went out to the Dell site to spec out a system.

It didn't matter which system I looked at, I came in around $3,300.00. Having worked in the public sector much of my professional life, it seemed a little steep. I copied the specs to a PDF and sent it to him anyway. This morning, I got an email that he had ordered it just as I had configured it.

Cool!

No comments: