Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Busy Bee

I so hate to sound like a broken record but I haven't posted lately because I've been so damn busy! Between opening a new clinic, rewiring part of the building for a new phone system, converting people to our new email system, researching connectivity alternatives, troubleshooting systems and software, attending meetings and just generally dealing with "Hey, Joe" stuff, there isn't much time left for blogging (especially when you have to make time for family obligations). I'm trying to get a new employee hired and realized I made a mistake by not hiring someone before the new clinic opened. Oh well.

Cleveland went well, all things considered. I did get a chance to attend an Indians game, make a quick run through the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and even take some pictures at the Cleveland Zoo (I'll get those up on my web site someday).

I told you about the flight but when we walked into the clinic on Monday, the completedness of the construction left much to be desired and was the source of much stress. I didn't get to really take off and get done everything I needed to get done until a week later. We hit our target date, though, and saw our first patient bright and early on May 1. We now turn our attention to our next office... I'm tired just thinking about it.

On May 4, I celebrated my 39th birthday. I think I'm in a pretty good place so I'm not sure 40 is going to even be as much of an eye-opener as 30 was - and that was pretty tame. Of course, a lot can happen in a year so we'll just have to see.

Last Friday, my wife and I celebrated out 16th wedding anniversary. Money has become a serious issue of late (for several reasons) so we didn't really have anything planned and had not gotten each other any gifts. Fate stepped in and I won tickets to an REO Speedwagon/Styx concert that night. The concert wasn't anything to write home about. I wanted to see Styx more than REO and they ended up being on first. Unfortunately, we were late getting there and only got to see 3 or 4 songs. REO was pretty good but they just don't trip my trigger. Had it just been them, I wouldn't have even tried to win the tickets. We ended up leaving a little early to beat the traffic and the drunk drivers (they were selling beer by the bucket), sped past our home exit and spent the night in Wichita, KS. We got up the next morning and continued North to Kansas City to surprise my mom for Mothers' Day. The surprise went well, especially since I didn't tell anyone we were coming. I think mom enjoyed having us there.

I'm sure there have been other noteworthy events but none come to mind right now. Here's to hoping I can find time to update more often.

No comments: