Thursday, July 27, 2006

Let The Games... Install

A few weeks ago, I upgraded my computer. One of the main reasons I upgraded my computer was so I could play Doom 3. Within a couple of days of completing the upgrade, I bought the game. When I got home, I broke out the CDs, started the installer and 15 minutes later I was blasting monsters.

Another game I had wanted to play was Half-Life 2. I had played it on a friend's system and probably would have bought it right away as well if it weren't $40. Long story short, I found a deal on eBay for $25 and it arrived this evening. I went through the motions of installing the five discs and, apparently, that still isn't enough. For the last hour, I have been downloading the games. Apparently, the CDs just install "Steam," the download and license management system from the software publisher.

I mean come on! If you're going to make me download the damned thing why does it have five discs!? Unfortunately, I'm not going to get to play this bad boy until tomorrow night. And I won't get much game time in at that since it's Sci Fi Friday.

No comments: