Sunday, March 04, 2007

Help Wanted

I was surprised this morning by the distinct lack of IT jobs listed in the local and regional newspapers.  I'm talking overall, not just jobs that I might be qualified for.  Two to two-and-one-half columns total and some of those were large ads that span two columns and are 1/4 of a page tall.  It was depressing and a little distressing.

Since my wife has been unemployed for several months, there are lots of resources around the house so I'm reading more than just the want ads.  It is helping to keep my spirits up.

Is it just me or does it seem that all of the advertised jobs - internet, newspaper or otherwise - I'm either overqualified for (my experience is far beyond that of a help desk technician - not that I would turn down the job if necessary) or they require some certification or amount of experience that I do not posess?

No comments: