Friday, April 06, 2007

Someone Recently Told Me...

... that a move like this is the second most stressful event in a person's life next to the death of a close family member. I firmly believe it. I have been shoved way out of my comfort zone and am being held away from it.

The last time I made an interstate move, I was five years old. All I cared about was, "are we there yet?" and "When are my toys going to get here?" Come to think of it, not much has changed. I told the wife that, right now, I'm stressed because I have none of my comforts. I am not surrounded by any of my stuff. She brought up the point that there is a lot that is out of my control at the moment.

See what I mean? Way out of the comfort zone and being held outside of it.

On the good side, the TV schedule will be the same. Primetime starts at 7pm and news is at 10pm. The only difference is we will be watching the West Coast feeds instead of the East Coast feeds.

We signed the lease and visited the duplex today. It's a decent place but it's disappointing for some reason. I had no expectations that I could have verbalized before we left but somehow it doesn't meet them. Maybe it's because it was chosen for me. Maybe it's just because it isn't comparable to the house we left. I knew it wasn't going to be but actually seeing it brought the reality of that truth. We only signed a six-month lease and I hope that in that time I can find a job, we can rent the house in Oklahoma, and we can find a more commodious place to live.

One last thing - Happy Birthday Aunt Murry

No comments: