Sunday, April 22, 2007

There's No Place Like... Kansas

I made it to Hays, KS. It only took me about seven or eight hours so I've had some time to decompress. That's a good thing since I didn't sleep hardly at all last night. Remember that air handler that couldn't decide what temperature to keep the room? It turns out that inconsistent temperature will interrupt your sleep.

Between the temperature variations, not being able to get Night Ranger's "When You Close Your Eyes" (go fig!) out of my head, and thinking about the daunting task ahead of me, I only managed to get about 5 hours of sleep. Again, thank God I'm staying at a Fairfield tonight.

If you haven't guessed, I'm a huge fan of Marriott properties. My wife got me hooked on them when we were dating and her reason for liking them still holds true. When you walk into a Marriott property - ANY Marriott property - you know what you're going to get. A clean, spacious room, friendly service and a comfortable bed. We've stayed at Marriott hotels so much that she's a Gold Elite member in Marriott Rewards. Shortly before this move, she had accumulated enough points to stay an entire week free - in Hawaii. Unfortunately, we've had to use many of those points to cover the cost of hotel rooms as we moved a few weeks ago and as I travel to and from Stillwater on this trip. Fortunately, she had the points and it has saved us a bunch of money.

Tomorrow should be a quick run to Stillwater. According to the mapping program, it should only be 4-6 hours (including stops).

Later y'all.

No comments: