Monday, August 20, 2007

The Fish Are Swiming Along Nicely At The Moment

I couldn't think of a title and I wanted to put something so the title is a sort-of coded message to my sister.

I was working at the PTJ (Part-Time Job) this evening and took a break about 7:30pm. When I went outside, the sky was overcast, it was windy and the temperature had dropped - a sure sign that a cold front had moved/was moving through. The way the sky looked all I could think was that, in Oklahoma conditions like that meant it was going to rain... a LOT!! It also meant the rain would most likely be accompanied by a sound and light show. Here in Boise, it's a crap shoot. It might rain, but it probably won't. If it does, it will be a light sprinkle for just a few minutes, then nothing else. And, we'll definitely get jipped on the sound and light show.

The weather around here is so boring.

In other news... I told you about my garage sale finds, specifically the surround sound receiver for free. I also picked up a couple of surround speakers and a small center channel for $5. I dragged it all out of the trunk this afternoon and hooked it up (haven't told the wife about it yet). It works fine. Granted, I prefer the sound quality of my Sony that I've had for about five years but I'm not going to complain about the price. Now I can have surround sound in the living room AND the bedroom. That is, if I ever unpack my Sony (I left it in the box because we only signed a six month lease and I just didn't want to hassle with packing it back up).

No comments: