Saturday, October 20, 2007

Down To The Nitty Gritty

This may be my last post for a while. In a few minutes, I will be packing up the computer. I may be able to post over the next week or so if the wife allows me the privilege of using her laptop but there are no guarantees. When we get home, I have no idea how long it will be before we set up access at the house. Money will be tight so I'll have to wait at least until the first paycheck comes in.

Everything seems to be going well. JD's ashes came back yesterday. Picking him up was a bit emotional for us again because we miss him so and he was taken from us so quickly. But he's here with us now and we're all going home together. What I have left to pack is some of the forgotten items that get pushed into corners and a few of the last minute items (like the computer). I was considering having a couple of guys come in on Monday and help me pack but I think I'll be able to get it all. The only question is whether I'll have enough boxes but that's easily enough remedied.

On Monday, the wife, the critters, and I are moving out to a hotel. My mother-in-law will be flying in early evening on Monday. She's going to help me with some of the last minute cleaning before the carpet cleaners come in on Tuesday afternoon and she will help with the driving.

I'm picking up a 26' truck and a 6x12 trailer from U-Haul some time on Wednesday. I'm hoping it's the morning because I have the loading crew scheduled to show up ~3:30. U-Haul is supposed to call me before 5pm on Tuesday to tell me where I can pick up the equipment. I'm a little concerned because I may have given them the house number but we probably won't have any phones hooked up after Monday. Doesn't matter, if I don't hear from them, I'll call them on my cell phone.

Late Wednesday night (like, 11:30pm), my brother is flying in from Kansas City. He drives a delivery truck for a living so I'm going to let him manhandle the U-Haul back to Oklahoma. I'm hoping to check out Thursday morning. I still have to call the management company to arrange that. I believe we can just drop off the keys but I want to do the walkthrough with them if I can. Regardless, we hit the road on Thursday and will be back where we belong by Saturday evening.

No comments: