Tuesday, October 09, 2007

That Peaceful Feeling Got Overthrown


I'm back in stressville. I see the clock ticking away, I look at all that still needs to be packed, I look at all that still needs to be cleaned, I try to remember all the tasks that must be done (arrange for help loading the truck, make hotel reservations, cancel utilities, etc. etc. etc.), I subtract time I still have to be at work (last day is Saturday night), I keep a close eye on the dwindling bank account...

I wonder if I'll be able to get it all done in time and if we'll have enough money.

I know I'm eating an elephant here and the only way to do that is one bite at a time. But it sure looks like a REALLY BIG ELEPHANT!

On the work front, I received a verbal job offer this morning. They are sending me all the necessary paperwork. All I have to do is sign it, mail it back, get back to Oklahoma and I start on November 5. Well, there is the matter of a drug test and background check but those are merely a formality for me.

No comments: