Tuesday, February 12, 2008

On The Move!

I'm moving. This time, though, it does not involve boxes... unless you count the possibility of some check boxes. You see, I'm moving my web site.

Don't worry, you won't notice anything. My site will still be at www.unclebubby.com and its various subsidiaries. But when your request travels through the tubes of the internet, host B will respond instead of host A.

So why should you care? You probably shouldn't. Which begs the question, why am I telling you all of this? Because I was feeling guilty at not having posted anything lately and this seemed like a good subject.

In case you DO happen to care, I am switching from siteflip to godaddy. Siteflip has been a perfectly acceptable host but it is definitely bargain basement. The servers are a little slow as is the service but it served my needs well enough that I stayed with them for two years. I had just heard a lot about godaddy and decided to check them out. I found that I could save a few cents a month and they have so far been extremely responsive with my pre-purchase questions. Time will tell how it all turns out.

No comments: