Sunday, February 03, 2008

That's My Story And I'm Sticking To It

Eleven months ago, to the day, I was released from my job. Since then, I have been bent, folded, spindled and mutilated. I have tried to make sense of everything that happened to me and have tried to accept all of it but generally failed miserably. I have been running from my circumstance and constantly trying to get back to some state I think I should be in but never actually achieved. To put it more simply, I have been second-guessing my actions over the past 30 months.

In my current situation, I have been basically miserable. Part of that has been physical, part of it has been attitude. I worked to convince myself that I hate my commute and don't like my job. While my situation isn't ideal, I have come to realize that I am actually in a pretty good position.

I have made a decision. I have decided to stay put, stop lamenting my situation, and take advantage of some opportunities the company I work for extends. I am going to learn what I can about the job that I do, advance as I am allowed, and get certified as much as possible.

No comments: