Sunday, March 23, 2008

Power Corrupts

I have confirmed that my hard drive woes are due to power issues. I used the power supply from the IDE/SATA to USB interface cable I bought to power the 250GB drive and connected it to the MoBo data channel. I then set to copying a large amount of data to it last night and it was still running just fine when I got up this morning.

I also downloaded and installed Vista SP1 yesterday. It's not available through Windows Update at the moment but I have access to it through resources at work. I had heard there were some performance improvements but nothing spectacular. I don't know if I'm fooling myself or not but it does seem to be responding a bit better. So far, it hasn't broken anything.

I am in the midst of editing the photos from my niece's wedding. I hope I'll have them up soon.

You will also notice stars at the bottom of each post. I had to log on to my Haloscan account (Haloscan runs my commenting) and they now have ratings. I enabled them an viola. Please feel free to rate any post - past, present, or future - by simply clicking on the stars.

No comments: