Monday, September 08, 2008

One Down, Many More To Go

The first day at the new job is in the books. Nothing much to write about. As far as the campus computer system is concerned, I don't exist yet so there wasn't much I could do. I managed to get access to a computer via a local account but couldn't even do much customization because it will be all for naught once I sign into the domain.

I did get to meet most of my staff. I have two full time people and 3 or 4 students who report to me. One of the student positions is open. I was already asked for executive input on a possible office rearrangement. I thought it was a good idea because it would concentrate someone's work area instead of her work area being basically the entire room. I'm all about efficiency.

Other than that, not much. I signed all the necessary papers to get myself paid. Benefits enrollment will happen later this week. I opted to have them sign me up for a new employee orientation. I've worked there before but it has been three years so I thought it might be good to get reacquainted with the environment.

No comments: