Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Missing You

The temperature in Stillwater, OK is a brisk 55 degrees. The air has an edge to it - not quite cold but not quite warm. Teddy has gone outside a couple of times since I came home just to be outside. It reminded me of how much J.D. used to love weather like this - and how much comfort the cold air seemed to give him right before he left us.

I got curious and wondered how long it had been. I looked back at my blog. Yesterday was one year.

A lot has happened in the last 366 days. There has been so much that it's almost hard to comprehend. Has it only been a year? It seems like this much can't possibly happen in so short a time.

I wouldn't say we are in a better or worse position than we were a year ago... just a different position. We're hanging on to what we have, cherishing the moments we are blessed to have with each other and all of our critters that are still with us in body and spirit.

I really don't know why J.D. passing has affected me so. Maybe it was where we were. Maybe it was how I handled his illness (that is something that still bothers me). Maybe it was just one more thing.

But with each passing day we become stronger. We remember the ones we love who are no longer with us and we keep moving forward... but not away from their memories.

No comments: