Friday, January 02, 2009

Blu-Ray Update


If you have a Blu-ray player and want to show off the capabilities, rent or buy a copy of The Mummy. First of all, it looks FANTASTIC! Maybe I'm giving it more than its due after seeing it on network TV a few times, but I'm officially impressed at the clarity. Second, there are plenty of extras.

One of the reasons I bought the movie in the first place was because it was on sale but beyond that it has a picture-in-picture feature. If you turn it on, little insets pop up and show some behind-the-scenes information. I haven't figured out how to get the PIP audio to come up but I think it has to do with how I have the audio configured on the player (one of the reasons I dislike coaxial digital audio connections).

There are three audio commentary tracks. One of them from Brendan Fraser that we only turned on in the last 15 minutes of the movie (we rewound to check it out) but it's FUNNY! The others are other actors or producers, etc. With blu-ray, you can switch between them without jumping out to a menu. Pretty cool. And I'm really liking that you can bring up menus without stopping the movie.

Yeah, I'm lovin' it.

No comments: