Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Kickin' It

I've been off work for the past two and a half days. An ice storm moved through mid-day Monday and didn't stop until late yesterday. Today, the sun came out and I'll be back to work tomorrow.

I've taken the opportunity to spend some quality time migrating my wav site to the new CMS. It's been a very looooong time since I've done any serious work on this site.

Have you ever gotten deep into a project and you realize things are missing? That's the way it's going for me. In some ways, it's good that I'm migrating the site. With the difference in structure I'm finding pages that were in the wrong place or otherwise hidden. I'm also taking the opportunity to sort-of standardize some of the elements. On the other had, I've figured out I'm missing at least one movie and I'm sure I'm missing some wav files that I recorded long ago. Between two interstate moves and a hard drive crash... they could be anywhere.

Anyway, the migration is coming along very well. If you want to take a look, feel free. I think I may have it ready to switch over the subnet (is that the right word? I'm not sure - I'm a little tired) in a few days. Maybe over the weekend.

Other than that I've been relaxing and I got another one of my dad's Beatles records transferred.

No comments: