Monday, February 09, 2009

Caveat Emptor or "A Fool And His Money..."

When I got back to Kevin's house and got in my car, the first thing I did was plug the bluetooth headphones in to charge... nothing happened. I've been fiddling with them all weekend. The light flashes once as I plug in the charger but that's all it will do. It's probably due to a minor power spike.

My suspicion is the battery is dead: Dead dead. I opened them up and I was seeing voltage at the battery when I had the charger plugged in but nothing from the battery itself. I looked online and the only reference I could find for the battery (which would be a b$%ch to change anyway) was the battery manufacturer and there was no way to buy it. I'm waiting to hear back from a company that says they can get any parts for this brand but I'm not holding out much hope. $20 down the tubes unless the manufacturer has pitty on me (I contacted them also). To rub salt in the wound, I was looking online and Best Buy has them on sale for $25. I could have stopped in one of the stores on the way home and bought them new with full warranty backing for about the same as I paid for them. And eBay has them for even cheaper.

Oh, I've tried to soften the blow. I bought one of the motherboards at the same time and the guy gave me a "deal" but I put it down in my mind as a discount on the mobo, not the headphones.

On the lighter side of things, the motherboard works fine... except that it's not recognizing the AGP video card. But for what I'm using it for, the onboard video is just fine.

Basically, I got caught up in some things and had some money burning a hole in my pocket. Of course, I wouldn't be feeling this way if the headphones actually worked.

No comments: