Monday, February 16, 2009

HTC Announces The Touch Pro 2

My AT&T Fuze is based on the HTC Touch Pro and HTC just announced the HTC Touch Pro 2.


Ain't she purdy?

I like the more rounded design. The D-Pad needed to go and I never cared for the faceted back. It still has the horizontal slide-out keyboard but they brought back the screen tilt feature. The TP2 is a little thinner (17.25 mm/0.68" vs 18.05 mm/0.71") but a little bit longer and wider (116 x 59.2 mm/4.57 x 2.33" vs 102 x 51 mm/4.02 x 2.01") to accomodate the 3.6" 400 x 800 screen (the Fuze is 2.8" with 480 x 640). They seem to have left the camera alone.

From the pics this is a sleek looking phone. The shiny has worn off my Fuze so I'm not entirely enamoured with it any more. She does have her flaws and, honestly, the horizontal slide-out keyboard can be inconvenient at times (but it's much much better than a "soft" keyboard on the screen).

I probably won't be getting a Touch Pro 2 since I'm not anywhere near wealthy and my upgrade date is more than a year out. But this encourages me for what might be available when that day rolls around. Of course, that doesn't mean I'll have enough reason to justify the expense but I can dream.

No comments: