Sunday, May 24, 2009

The "Accidental" iPod Owner

I've been bored the past few days and started looking at iPods on eBay for some reason. I'm not a fan of iPods. Like all Apple products, they're too restricted. But as I've noted previously, all the cool accessories are for the iPod. Plus, I have this really cool clock radio the wife bought me that just happens to have an iPod dock so...

All the inexpensive iPods are defective in some way or just aren't close enough to ending to have been bid to an unreasonable level. I did a little bit of research and figure that many of the problems (i.e. the sad face) are easily fixable. I even looked up how easy it is to upgrade/replace the hard drive - doesn't look too bad.

I've been bidding on the defective and the working iPods here and there but they all tend to go over what I'm willing to spend (which isn't much). My itchy bidding finger found one that was about to end (3 mins or so) and only had a $9.98 bid on it with free shipping. It was listed as defective but didn't list the specific defect. On a lark, I entered a bid of $10.55 and it locked in at $10.50. D'oh! Surprisingly, nobody sniped me. D'oh!

I am now the proud winning bidder of a 20GB 4th generation white iPod with a defect of unknown origin.

How do I get myself into these things?

No comments: