Wednesday, August 12, 2009

OW! OW! OW! OW!

I have been thinking, once again, about going to grad school. In order to do that, it means I have to take one of those standardized aptitude tests that includes *gasp* math.

I downloaded some practice exams for the GMAT and was just going through it. My brain hurts. I don't think I knew how to determine the area of a triangle when I was supposed to know it some 25 or 26 years ago. Then there's remembering what an isocelese triangle is and the relationship between the circumference of a circle and the radius and how x and y relate to each other on a plane when viewed sideways on a Thursday night in June under a waxing lunar visibility while standing on one foot in the middle of the Okie Fenokie swamp.

I found myself reading the questions and saying, over and over, "I don't know..."

I've baked my brain quite a bit over the last 45 minutes or so. It just means that I'm going to have to work with someone to reignite that math center of my mind that I shut down about 15 years ago. There's no way I could study it on my own. It just wouldn't happen. It's the same reason I haven't taken the test before now.

God, help me.

No comments: