Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Psychic Father

I had arranged to meet my best friend, Bill. As I walked out of the den I called, "I'm off to Bill's house." I reached for the doorknob. As my hand began to curve while I reached for the doorknob I thought to myself, "Maybe we can go to the mall."

As I started to grip the doorknob but before I actually touched it, I heard my father say from the den, "And don't go to the mall!" I stopped dead. I had just had a thought in my head and less than a second later my father had known what I was thinking about.

I wasn't upset about the mall. I could take it or leave it. It was just a thought of something to do. I was more freaked out about what my father said. "I just decided I wanted to go to the mall while I was walking to the door. How in the world did you know I was thinking that? I didn't even know I was going to do that."

"Because I used to be you."

I guess that's why I'm Joe Jr.

No comments: