Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's Been One Week Since...

Today marks a week since we arrived in Boise. Our phone/satellite/internet is scheduled for installation tomorrow but one of our neighbors pulled a plug-and-play with a Linksys wireless router so I'm piggybacking.

Shelly is really enjoying her job. She is getting the respect she truly deserves. I am still in pursuit of my next employment but we've only been here a week. It took a month before some of the places I applied to in Stillwater contacted me. Of course, the walls of the duplex are looking way too familiar.

I am beginning to get my bearings and learn my way around town. It's fairly elementary at the moment, learning how to get to specific destinations. Of course, the phone book we picked up and the map reading segment of Driver's Ed. are coming in very handy.

Our stuff is starting to get unpacked. I've unpacked some of the kitchen stuff and we've rearranged some of the furniture already. We finally decided to take down the Queen bed because it was more in the way than it was handy.

Because the satellite is getting hooked up tomorrow, I spent most of today getting televisions and related equipment unboxed and set up where we wanted them. Once that was done, I went to a meeting at what I describe as a placement agency. If I use their services, it will end up costing me some money but it could also fast-track my search. Shelly and I have a meeting next Thursday evening where we'll get the whole low-down and the price tag. I expect it will be astronomically expensive or at the very least more than we can afford right now. We'll see.

Because we packed up so quickly and were so limited in our moving expense allotment, we left a LOT of stuff back in Oklahoma. I had planned on going back as early as this coming week to finish sorting, packing and disposing but it doesn't look like it's going to work out that way. I checked into the price of a U-Haul and, because it's the end of the month and the end of school semesters, it would cost ~$1,000 (not counting the car carrier) to get everything moved back here. We'll have to wait at least until Shelly gets her first paycheck. If I do that, I'm out of town for our anniversary and at the end of May we're flying back to Kansas City for my nephew's graduation. So to all of you who are wondering when I'll be back, I don't know.

Blogger is going down for maintenance in about 15 minutes so I'll wrap this up.

No comments: