Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Day The Earth Stood Still Again

I missed the premier of Fringe so I'm watching the replay. Before starting the show, they ran a preview of the remake of "The Day the Earth Stood still." I'm conflicted about it. I am a HUGE fan of the original. I like the idea of it being modernized but I also don't want it to be messed with.

I was ready to write it off in a summary judgment until I saw Gort at the very end of the preview. It could go either way. It stars Keanu Reeves as Klaatu (if that's what they're calling him) but with the "special" abilities they've given him, it could easily turn in to the fourth installment of The Matrix. Klaatu was also very much a pacifist in the original and this One Seems to have made him more violent. From the preview, it appears that at least 1 person dies.

In the end, I will go see it but I have a feeling the original will still stand as the best.

No comments: